Meet Fatima Martinez, long-term sufferer of depression. Hear her story of her origins in Mexico, through Europe and to present day Singapore.
Photo by Sydney Sims on Unsplash
- Globally, more than 264 million people of all ages suffer from depression (WHO)
- More women are affected by depression than men (WHO)
- Depression is a mood disorder that can affect a person's daily life
- It may be described as feelings of sadness, loss, or anger- Depression is a leading cause of disability worldwide and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease
- Depression can lead to suicide
- There are effective psychological and pharmacological treatments for moderate and severe depression